Friday, September 18, 2020

Wild One (2)

Here is one of few stories about my stranger danger experience, before I start diving into my current life long relationship with my hubby. In short, I was young, single, and very stupid, apparently.

Stranger 2

It was another one of our semester breaks, and I was crushing hard on one of my best friends on campus. We would talk on the phone for hours and enjoyed each other's company. But at that moment, he had a girlfriend, and I feel like a bitch for crushing and lowkey flirting another girl's boyfriend. 

So, while I was guilt-tripping myself, I received an unknown number in the middle of the night. I picked it up and there's this rando on the other end of the line, looking for someone I don't know. I told him that he had the wrong number, but the stopped me from hanging up and admitted that he actually just dialed a random number to get lucky. Because I felt bad earlier about the whole someone else's boyfriend thing, I thought, maybe I'll just give this guy a chance to chat with me on the phone. Who knows maybe it's fate?

As we chat, my first thought that he has a very macho voice, so, I was picturing how he must've looked like with that hunky voice. He was very attractive in my mind. We talked for hours, and honestly don't remember what about, because I was imagining his imaginary face with his voice.

It was almost 5am when he said he's running out of phone battery, but he didn't wanna lose me, so he asked where I live. I knew it's not a good idea to tell him where I live, so, I said maybe he can save my number and we can chat another time.

HAHA! NO! I WAS YOUNG, SINGLE AND VERY VERY STUPID, KAN??

He said his phone battery is running out, so, he invited me out. Of course, stupid idiotic me said ok, despite having strict parents and little money, no sense of logic in my brain! I really wanted to get over my best friend, and meet this macho voiced rando! So, I snuck out of my house ever so stealthily and waited so long for this guy to come to fetch me. There were a few fancy cars passed by, and each time, I hoped it was him. 

Then, came a loud junky car noise coming to my direction. I told myself, if that's him, I mustn't judge him by his pocket. That's not morally nice. But the car was really rundown and loud, also it stopped at where I was. I still had hopes on his looks. There is no way a macho voiced man, would look ugly (yes, I was shallow and judgy. I was young). Unfortunately, he wasn't pleasing to my eyes (forgive me for being like this before). Again, I told myself that I shouldn't judge someone based on their outer appearance. I'd still give him a chance. He invited me in the car so we can go somewhere else, but because I was already unattracted to him, I declined. He told me not to get scared, that he meant no harm, but I still said no. I said we can go hang out at a nearby 24hrs mamak restaurant, but I wanted to walk (see, ok la. still cautious la). He gave up persuading me to get in his car, so he parked and walked with me to the mamak.

I sat down, ordered drinks, and chatted for hours, but this time, I wasn't interested in the chat, not because I wasn't attracted anymore, but he was CONSTANTLY talking about 'if I were his girlfriend, he would do this and that for me'. It's like we're getting married tomorrow. I mean, even if you're attractive, that kind of talk is creepy and very annoying. We literally just met! I was already edging to run home and forget about this.

The sun was rising up, and I wanted to excuse myself, but he insisted that I hang longer and maybe meet a second time. I honestly don't remember how, but I declined politely, so he wouldn't stalk me in the future (I was stalked before).

When I arrived home, my maid and mom asked me where I've been (they were about to whoop my ass), so I told them, I went out for a morning walk around the pool area (you see, I was in my jogging attire, in case I get caught). When I get into my room, I texted my best friend to see if he's still awake. After receiving a text back, I gave him a call and told him about my night, and surely enough, I got lectured about stranger danger, how careless and reckless I was, and he said the only smart thing I did was NOT GETTING IN THAT GUY'S CAR! I could get raped and murdered! I mean, he's not wrong, but he was the cause of it at the same time, not that I told him that..........

I slept almost the whole day after that and woke up to multiple texts from that rando guy. I replied, and tried to make it as polite but clear as possible that I wasn't interested (again, not sure how I did that). I guess he tried a few times to persuade me, but he ended up leaving me alone.

There are a few other "wrong number" occasions I get, but every time, I avoided them just so I don't go through the whole ordeal again. 

p.s: Guy best friend is now hubby.

No comments:

Mak Turut

 Everybody knows. My father was one of the greatest filmmakers in the industry in Malaysia. (not bragging) I only got to witness him in star...