Listen To Your Heart, You Will Understand

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pemimpi 3.0

It was on a subtle rainy day, we convoy with each other, heading to Bota, Perak, for a friend's wedding. Excited enough from being together again after a long time, we had bigger plans ahead.

On our way, we passed Sri Iskandar, where some of our best memories are made, especially for me. This is where i found my love. All the happiness and sadness of the past overwhelms me as we drove by those familiar places. Those places has changed alot. A freaking mall in SI?? We had to go to all the way to Ipoh if we wanted to buy anything, even underwears.. Whatever it is, those bittersweet moments will always remain there..

We've reached Syamil's wedding, decorated in Grey and candies. There were few people around as we were actually late. Thus, the event felt like ours. We had lunch, and greet each other whom came separated from us. We played and cuddle our baby Pemimpi, Fateh, and we went off...

Where? Home? No...

Topet, Eno, Dya, Nana, Wan, PC, Black, Ken, Izzad, Paan, Muaz, Hendrik, Ajim and myself...

... we were ready to spend our epic weekend in Pangkor Island..

The prediction of the weather we had wasn't very good. The forecast told us, it would be rainy and hardly any sun. But it didn't stop us. We stopped at a near gas station after the wedding to gas up, smoke up and us girls? Change up to comfy island clothes.. As soon as we reached Lumut, we had some difficulties of where to park our cars for the day. But that worked out fine.. RM20 per day, per car.

While waiting for 3 of our photographer friends (still taking photos of the newly weds).. Dya and I had some roadside ice-cream which felt very nostalgic to me. At the same time, Topet was caught by a makcik, selling snorkeling tickets to us. She said she'll sell the tickets cheaper to students.. At that point, all of us automatically admits that we were students. Liaarrss... hahaha!! But, we got cheap tickets and 1 free. Worth it! After that, we couldn't wait any longer, so we rode ahead on the ferry to Pangkor!

No matter how many times you've rode a boat, you'll always get excited on one each time. We all headed to the open view part of the ferry and enjoyed the breeze, taking selfies, as usual, using phones and gopro. Some of the boys even got help from some attractive french tourist.. na'ah Paan.. Behave~

As soon as we've reached the island, we halt a van taxi and it drove us all to Pangkor Inn. On the way, the boys were very rowdy, not too weird for them though. They act like that all the time. But it seems very funny in a compact pink van. Haha! The uncle didn't seem to mind at all. Thank goodness.

We've reached the Inn and was a little disappointed at it. The pool and the chalets looked larger in the photo, but it was shallow and small. Meh, sokay, we have the beach. The room felt so nice, but you know, like any other hotels or chalet rooms, all of them feels nice. We all were lead to our designated rooms. There were only 4 of us girls, so we fit 1 room. The boys filled 3 more rooms, 1 beside ours and 2 more a little further. We had our showers and rest, until we all gather for dinner. Dya was already making a list of what she wanted to eat, Lempeng Pisang, Jagung Bakar, Kerang Bakar and Ice Cream Goyang.

Dinner was fancy and wonderful. As usual, if you eat by the sea, you have to get seafood, so we had Ikan Masak Stim, Kerang Bakar, Ikan masak 3 Rasa, Kangkung Belacan and more.. The dinner highlight was went almost everybody ordered ice tea, and all was laughing of how the ice tea became mainstream. Through out, dinner was the bomb!

After dinner, i thought of rushing out to get some Ice Cream Goyang, but it closed by that time. Heart broken. We then, headed to the beach. It was dark and there, I was pointed out, small blue dots of light on the shore. They said it was the Kunang-Kunang Air (water fireflies). Heck, i wasn't sure.. but it was mesmerizing. I even caught one! Moving on, we halted at the far corner of the beach where there's hardly lights and personally, it was scary. But nope, they really insisted on staying there.

So we settled down, getting comfy on the wet sand and rocks. We started to play games. The 1st game we played was Sambung Lagu (continuing songs). In this game, after someone ended their song (anywhere in the song, probably the chorus or the bridge), the next person needed to continue a different song starting with the last word or the sound of the previous song, within 20 to 30 seconds. Any song can do. It was hilarious! At first, we tried solo, but it was too hard, so we paired up. I paired up with Dya, and most of the songs we knew was in English. After a while, with all the hardships and all, believe it or not. Dya and I were the 1st to get punished. HAHA! We were punished to point one finger on the ground and spin around it 10 times, and then high-5 your partner. Simple? NO! It made us dizzy and our coordination were sooo off, i didn't know what i was doing! It was dreadfully funny. And guess who's idea was that? My one and only, beloved fiancee, Topet and the sarcastic Muaz. The daredevils. After us, there were others who were punished the same as us. Too cute! After the game, we decided to play other games like Sambung Berita or ABC.. those were fun too, but not as fun as the 1st one.. We had to stop as the tides are flushing up on us and it was already midnight.

Back to our rooms, we hung out by the balcony, eating Dya's cupcakes and tarts. They were wonderful. We (mostly me though) played some fire sparkles that Dya bought. We chatted away silently in fear that the other inn neighbours might be bothered. It was a Quiet peaceful evening, with the night rain and friends gathered around. When its time to go, Muaz made a point to wake up early at 7.30 to swim. Everybody else was groaning, but believe me, nobody would wake up that early, not even Muaz. LoL..

I woke up the next morning, feeling so cold from the aircon. I stepped outside from the inn, chatting away with Dya, getting warmed up. It was 7.30 in the morning and it was raining, and guess what? Nobody else is awake yet! LoL! After 8, we knocked on Muaz's door, only to be answered by Hendrik. They claimed to have been up since 6am. Pfftt, as if. We got ready and all, and all of us we ready to hit the beach by 9am.

He had light breakfast that morning. Among 14 of us, they only order 5 nasi lemak, and was passed around, forcing each other to finish them. Haha! Then, we get on a boat to an island for snorkeling fun! The water wasn't as clear as Langkawi, that i went before, but going there with friends was worth it. Dya soon dropped her breathing pipe piece of her goggles. She was already panicking, losing the goggles (or a part of it) meaning having to pay RM80. We all search for it in the dusty sea. It was kinda hard to look. I found a piece of something on the ocean floor and i dived to get it before it got away. Instead of finding the pipe piece, i found a whole new set of lost goggle. Haha!! Since that, they called me Anak Laut. Whaa?? haha!! We moved ahead on the other side of the island. The water there was clearer and better, abit. We swam till our hearts contented. I nearly drowned (out of exhaustion) abit. Luckily, Topet grabbed me and saved me. Thanks cayang, my hero. My mouth was filled with water and my nose was cover with the goggle piece. I panicked. So, i tossed away my goggles (i tossed away my life jacket earlier), then i swam better. I swam like a fish. We even had Hendrik "free diving lessons" in the water, where he teaches us how to dive without letting out air. It was hard for me, i didn't succeed.

By noon, we all went back to the Pangkor Beach. My fiancee was too enthusiastic about this Marble water sport, he paid for me as well, without my consent.. Oh well, at least its not the Banana Boat. The Marble only supports 4 people per ride, So i rode with my fiancee, Paan and Black. Paan was responsible for the wrist Go Pro on this ride, so his left arm is occupied. The ride was amazingly extreme, I screamed for life! It was glorious! During the hectic ride, I locked Paan's legs with my legs to avoid him falling off the ride. I myself was tumbling off. In mid break of the ride, Topet took the Go Pro, so I responsible to lock him next, him especially since he's at the corner of the ride. It was wild and wonderful! I spitted out utter rubbish during the ride. Haha! Hendrik, Wan, Muaz and Ajim rode the next ride, and Hendrik and Ajim fell of the ride. Funny as it is, they refuse to admit it. We saw you guys, bro~ hahaa!!

Tired, wet and full of scratches and blood on our arms and feet (grazed them on corals during snorkeling), we showered and got ready to check out. We took our final pictures on the island before heading for the Jetty. On the ferry, many of us fell asleep until we reach the dock. We had lunch at Manjong. Before heading home, we stopped by the leaning tower of Teluk Intan. They wanted to check out the car exhibition nearby there. Our final stop before we all go separate ways was the Sg. Buloh RnR.. We applauded each other for their effort, company and fun. We laugh, swam and smile together. With heavy heart, they puffed they're final ciggy, we hugged our final hugs, and off we go, leaving this wonderful weekend behind us all.

We may have scars and muscle aches, but these are the things that bear in our minds, where we got them and why. Always ended up giggling remembering our weekend with Pemimpi 3.0..

Next stop, Pulau Perhentian 2015?

No comments: